SMU Cox School of Business
Historic buildings receive a complete makeover, connecting three buildings into one large, cohesive building.
Complete renovation and additions to existing buildings Fincher, Maguire, and Crow. The additions include connections between the existing buildings, gatehouses at each end of the existing buildings, and an underground addition. Scope includes a 400-person auditorium, KITT trading room, several large classrooms ranging in size from 55-person to 150-person, and future cafe space. New chilled water and steam connections to the campus loop were provided. Steam is converted to heating water at the point of entry. Hydronic AHUs are located in each building attic with medium pressure ductwork serving down to VAV boxes with heating water reheat at each zone. The existing campus loop was routed through the existing Fincher crawl space and needed re-routed as part of this scope. A new electrical distribution system throughout the building. New generator to back up emergency lighting, elevators, and sanitary/storm sump pumps. Storm drainage was especially important for this project, namely at the courtyard that spans across the basement level. Coordination with landscape design and the deep, existing beams was required to execute this design.
ACF: noneArray ( [post_type] => Array (  => project ) [post_status] => publish [posts_per_page] => 3 [tax_query] => Array ( [relation] => AND  => Array (  => Array ( [relation] => OR  => Array ( [taxonomy] => project_category [field] => id [terms] => Array (  => 4 ) ) ) ) ) [post__not_in] => Array (  => 1416 ) [orderby] => date [order] => ASC )